Monday, October 5, 2009

The manifesting continues....

WOW! I admittedly don't understand what is going on. It is crazy good!

Remember Dave D'Apice? He is the guy I mentioned in my blog from this morning. Dave is from The Simon Group (a marketing, advertising and graphic design firm in North Andover, MA). I met him about 20 years ago when I worked as a designer at another agency called Tepperman Ray (and equally talented design group) which was located in the same building at the opposite end of the hall. Anyway, as Dave and I chatted yesterday, we talked about how much our business has changed and people we have know, etc. During that conversation we talked about Carrol Ray and Paul Tepperman who I haven't seen for at least 15 years, maybe longer.

Here is the weird part. I had to run out to Staples this morning to get some shipping supplies. When I got there, I was in the middle of a conversation with my friend Maria trying to pitch her on this "fabulous" idea I had for promoting every one's business simultaneously. (She wasn't biting, but I was being persistent and did manage to get her to agree to a breakfast so we could talk about the idea in a little more detail.) Anyway, I didn't want to walk into the store while I was on my phone (I can be animated when I am trying to pitch and idea), so I sat in my car to finish up our conversation. I had gotten a front row spot at the store, and was parked right in front of the entrance where I was able to watch everyone running in and out. Suddenly some thing peculiar caught my attention. Walking right past me on his way into the store was none other than Carroll Ray. I couldn't believe it. That was just bizarre. My conversation with Maria was just about done, so I said goodbye and ran into Staples. I spied Carroll at the back of the store, so I snuck up on him and said, "HEY, the weirdest thing just happened to me and you are not going to believe it!" Fortunately he recognized me, otherwise that might have been awkward! :-) I explained to him what had just happened and he replied with, "Be careful what you wish for!"

It has been great to catch up with all of these people from my past, but it does beg the question, just what is the universe lining up for me. I am admittedly curious and mystified. It is intriguing to say the least. Admittedly when I ran into Carroll, it quickly occurred to me what a crush I used to have on him way back when. Could that be it? Sunday afternoon after I ran into Dave an idea occurred to me about how we could help each other in the business world. Could that be it? Could the convergence of all of these talented and creative people be the start of something. All of us are struggling in our respective industries at this point, could our meeting just be the start of a new, bigger entity? Will they help me in some way shape or form in the future? Could that be it?

Aaarrrgh! The suspense is killing me. I did have an idea however about having a mastermind luncheon with all of us together - some others that haven't resurfaced yet included. I think that could be a fun and interesting lunch. Dave D'Apice, Dave Petty, Paul Tepperman, Carroll Ray, James Mahoney...maybe it is the start of something. I will have to keep my eyes and ears open for more clues!

No comments:

Post a Comment